Quotes about being a leader. Leadership quality is essential quality that everybody need to have to be able to achieve greatness in all aspect of life. Everybody is a leader and we can be a great leader.
- “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” ― Max De Pree
It easy to follow a leader who is realistic and appreciative. Everybody is usually carried along by a good leader. To him everybody is important to achieve the set goal.
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
A leader leads by example. He is the first to do the work. He leads as an example while others follow him with great interest. A leader is motivational. He is empathy and compassionate to the people he leads. A leader is liked by everyone.
- “Life’s most urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
A leader is a servant of the people. He does every possible to make sure his people have the best. He is not selfish, he serves his people without discriminating them.
- “One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
Most leader are greedy, they acquire all that belongs to the people. They are not worthy to be called leaders. They are driven by greed and selfishness.
- “I slept and dream that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.” ― Rabindranath Tagore
There is great happiness and satisfaction when you serve your people well as a leader. Service to the people is service to God.
- “A person who is worthy of being a leader wants power not for himself, but in order to be of service.” ― S. Senator Sam J. Ervin, Jr.
A true leader is he who wants power to serve his people. He wants to improve the condition his people. He is not power-drunk. He seeks power for the service of his people and humanity.
- “Ultimately, a leader is not judged so much by how well he or she leads, but by how well he or she serves.” ― Kevin Cashman
The success of a leader is determined by how many life has he touched positively. How many positive changes has he brought to his community.
- “It is high time the ideal of success should be replaced with the ideal of service.” ― Albert Einstein
Good service is all that is needed from a leader.
- “I don’t think there’s anything as wonderful in life as being able to help someone else.” ― Betty Ford
The most important thing that brings joy to a man is the ability to help each other. Humanity is all about lending a helping hand to one another.
- “The noblest question in the world is, What Good may I do in it?” ― Benjamin Franklin
Your legacy in life is determined by how many good things you have done. Life is beautiful when you’re good to all humanity.
- “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” ― Albert Schweitzer
To serve well is the created achievement every leader should sought. Good service brings this inner satisfaction and joy, that nothing can bring for you. Today I will realize as a leader that good service is all that I should do make me life a life of satisfaction.
- “Relationships are never about power, and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit one—to serve.” ― Paul Young
When you have power do not abuse it. Know that power means service and not master servant thing.
- “Though my work may be menial, though my contribution may be small, I can perform it with dignity and offer it with unselfishness. My talents may not be great, but I can use them to bless the lives of others…. The goodness of the world in which we live is the accumulated goodness of many small and seemingly inconsequential acts.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley
That little contribution of good that comes from you is all that humanity need to make this world a better place. No good service is too small, if you contribute your little quota and I add my own little quota, the world will be a beautiful place. Today I will do some good even if it is small to the people around me.
- “Give of your hands to serve and your hearts to love.” ― Mother Teresa
Serve the people with your hands and love them in your heart. Today I will realize that serving my people well brings endless happiness to me.
- “When you find yourself in need of spiritual nourishment, it is in the opportunities to serve others that you will find the abundance you seek.” ― Steve Marabol
The greatest spiritual upliftment you can get is by serving your people truthfully. Service to humanity is service to God.
- “Good leaders must first become good servants.” ― Robert K. Greenleaf
All great leaders are servants of the people. They have the people at heart. They serve the people in the best of their ability. They love and they are loved by those they serve.
- “True leadership must be for the benefit of the followers, not to enrich the leader.” ― John C. Maxwell
A true leader is not corrupted. True leaders should not be the richest in terms of wealth. They don’t steal from the people, instead they put all they have acquired in the services of the people. They have true passion for the development of their people.
- “Servant-leadership is more than a concept, it is a fact. Any great leader, by which I also mean an ethical leader of any group, will see herself or himself as a servant of that group and will act accordingly.” ― Scott Peck
Leadership should not be driven by greed, or by trying to oppress the people, or master/servant relationship. A leader is a true servant of the people. He is driven by true leadership ideology, he is determined to serve and sacrifice all that he has in the service of his people. He loves his people.
- “We must be silent before we can listen. We must listen before we can learn. We must learn before we can prepare. We must prepare before we can serve. We must serve before we can lead.” ― William Arthur Ward
A leather should always show empathy to his people, without the people he would have no one to lead. Don’t just want to be leader, have to learn it takes to be a leader.
- “Whoever wants to be great must become a servant.” ― Book of Mark
No one become great without first becoming a servant. Every great man you see was once a servant. Today I will realize that to be a great man, to be someone important, I have to be prepared to be a servant first.
- “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Always make sure you’re doing something great for your people.
- “Everyone must work to live, but the purpose of life is to serve and to show compassion and the will to help others.” ― Albert Schweitzer
In your little company, you’re are leader. Do not think that life is all about trying to outdo one another by mountain full of accumulating wealth to yourself alone. Life is worthless if we can’t use our wealth in the progress of humanity. Today I will look below me and pick someone up.
- “…when you choose the paradigm of service, looking at life through that paradigm, it turns everything you do from a job into a gift.” ― Oprah Winfrey
Which kind of leader you want to become, is first conceived in the mind. Be leader who is willing to change the condition of the people from bad to good, from good to better and from better to best. By this you’re indeed a successful leader.
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
A leader leads by showing a good example and others follows with great mind, and supporting will. True leader doesn’t compel you to be obey by force, they motivate you to obey willingly.
- “A real leader faces the music, even when he doesn’t like the tune.” – Anonymous
Real leader does not detach himself from his people, he is with them when the going is tough and he is with them in smooth time. He is a hero, he does things not in his favor, but in the favor if his subject.
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Do something strange and wonderful for you people. Do something great for the people.
- “Confront issues and challenges – not each Other.” — Suzanne Mayo Frindt
Look for solution to your common problems. Do not waste your time by blaming one another. A true leader proffers solution, he does not engage in blame game.
- “Leaders aren’t born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work.
Anybody can be a leader, it is a hereditary right, it cannot be inherited. Leadership can be learnt true hard work and sincerity.
- “Leaders do not avoid, repress, or deny conflict, but rather see it as an opportunity.” — Warren Bennis
Among the best leaders are the one who settles dispute between the people or tribes. They are sincere to all sides. They do not worsen situation, instead they sacrifice all they have to make sure all warring parties are console.
- “Misfortunes, untoward events, lay open, disclose the skill of a general, while success conceals his weakness, his weak points.” – Horace
You are judge by what you achieve as leader
- “People who let events and circumstances dictate their lives are living reactively. That means that they don’t act on life, they only react to it.” — Stedman Graham
Life is full of ups and down. Do not allow the vicissitude of life to dictate your existence. Be firm and remain focus in the faces of all adversities, you can be happy by making yourself happy.
- “I am personally convinced that one person can be a change catalyst, a “transformer” in any situation, any organization. Such an individual is yeast that can leave an entire loaf. It requires vision, initiative, patience, respect, persistence, courage, and faith to be a transforming leader.” — Stephen R. Covey
By your good conviction, you can change the world to a better place.
33. I don’t want my life to be defined by what is etched on a tombstone. I want it to be defined by what is etched in the lives and hearts of those I’ve touched.” ― Steve Maraboli
The most important thing in life is try to touch the life of people positively. It is the only legacy that defines you in the heart of the people.
34. “Service is the very purpose of life. It is the rent we pay for living on the planet.” ― Marian Wright Edelman
What every man shares in common is work. And make your own work a service to the people. Everything you do is for the people no one work for himself alone. Try to relate well with the people you come in contact with, that is also your little service to humanity.
35. “True leaders understand that leadership is not about them but about those they serve. It is not about exalting themselves but about lifting others up.” ― Sheri L. Dew
Be prepared if you want to be a leader. By being a leader understand that you no longer have a private life of your own. You have to think more of the people than yourself.
- “My research debunks the myth that many people seem to have . . . that you become a leader by fighting your way to the top. Rather, you become a leader by helping others to the top. Helping your employees is as important, and many times more so, than trying to get the most work out of them.” ― William Cohen
Getting to the top should not by scuffle, when you help others to move up in the ladder of their career or life you naturally push yourself up. As a leader try to make way for those below you, and you will be remembered to be a great leader. Do not be driven by selfishness. Do not deprive others from progressing.
- “Are you on this planet to do something, or are you here just for something to do? If you’re on this planet to do something, then what is it? What difference will you make? What will be your legacy?” ― James Kouzes and Barry Posner
Live life by believing that you are here to make a difference-to make the world a better place.
- “I want to sleep for eternity with a broad smile on my face. I want those who remain behind to say this man has done his duty.” ― Nelson Mandela
Life is beautiful, make it more beautiful by your service to humanity.
- “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” — General George Patton
Be a good leader and be a good follower, all makes a beautiful world.
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” — Warren Bennis
All leaders must have a vision which defines his style and achievement. Have good vision and set the tune to achieving your vision.
- Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.” — Publilius Syrus
True leaders are the one who live up to any occasion. At tough time, they remain focus and firm-and at good time they are not carried away.
- “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fixed your gaze at the big picture, but don’t forget that from the small one you get the bigger opportunities.
- “Leadership consists not in degrees of technique but in traits of character; it requires moral rather than athletic or intellectual effort, and it imposes on both leader and follower alike the burdens of self-restraint.” — Lewis H. Lapham
The most important quality of leader and follower is adherence to good moral character. It simplifies all other characters-it defines all the success of a person.
- “Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.” — Norman Schwarzkopf
A leader must have strong character that defines his stance in all issues.
- “There is no power on earth that can neutralize the influence of a high, simple, and useful life.” — Booker T. Washington
- “What you cannot enforce, do not command.” – Sophocles
To be successful as leader you must carry your subject along. When people are carried along, it is easy to command.
- “A leader is a dealer in hope.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Every leader hopes that he will succeed. Success lies in the ability to command well.
Famous leader quotes for self motivation
- “A person, who no matter how desperate the situation, gives others hope, is a true leader.” — Daisaku Ikeda
A real leader is a hero, he gives hope in desperate situation.
- “If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people together to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” — Antoine de SaintExupery
Let people see reason to do what you want them to do, and they do with great passion and enthusiasm.
- “Lead and inspire people. Don’t try to manage and manipulate people. Inventories can be managed but people must be lead.” — Ross Perot
As a leader show example by doing the task first, others will follow willingly
- “Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
53.“Leadership is no longer about your position. It’s now more about your passion for excellence and making a difference. You can lead without a title.” — Robin Sharma
- “Leadership is practiced not so much in words as in attitude and in actions.” — Harold S. Geneen
Leaders leads by example
- “Leadership is the ability to establish standards and manage a creative climate where people are self-motivated toward the mastery of long term constructive goals, in a participatory environment of mutual respect, compatible with personal values.” — Mike Vance
- “Confront your inadequacies and push your personal boundaries: It’s the surest way to grow, improve and expand the scope of your influence.” – John Maxwell
- “It all comes down to this: If you want one year of happiness, grow grain, if you want 10 years of happiness, grow trees, if you want 100 years of happiness, grow people.” — Harvey Mackay
- “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.” — Stephen R. Covey
60 “The most elusive and desired quality of leadership is vision. Vision is the perfume of the mind.” — Harriet Rubin
61.“Transmit your vision emotionally by gaining credibility, demonstrating passion, establishing relationships and communicating a felt need. Transmit it logically by confronting reality, formulating strategy, accepting responsibility, celebrating victory and learning from defeat. “– John Maxwell
- “People do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.” ― John C. Maxwell
63. “If leadership serves only the leader, it will fail. Ego satisfaction, financial gain, and status can all be valuable tools for a leader, but if they become the only motivations, they will eventually destroy a leader. Only when service for a common good is the primary purpose are you truly leading.” ― Sheila Murray Bethel
Good leader quotes
- “You will find yourself by losing yourself in service to your fellow man, your country, your God.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” ― William James
- “Managers help people see themselves as they are; Leaders help people to see themselves better than they are.” — Jim Rohn
- “The art of leadership is saying no, not yes. It is very easy to say yes.” — Tony Blair
Inspiring leadership quotes
- “The price of greatness is responsibility.” — Winston Churchill
- “When the effective leader is finished with his work, the people say it happened naturally.” — Lao Tzu
- “Over time, is it easier or harder to sustain your influence within your organization? With charisma alone, influence becomes increasingly more difficult to sustain. With character, as time passes, influence builds and requires less work to sustain.” — John Maxwell
- “The greater a man is in power above others, the more he ought to excel them in virtue. None ought to govern who is not better than the governed.” — Publius Syrus
- “The real leader has no need to lead — he is content to point the way.” — Henry Miller
- “The three C’s of leadership are consideration, Caring, and Courtesy. Be polite to everyone.” — Brian Tracy
- “I strongly believe that the responsibility of leadership is to shape the debate—to practice and project the right attributes—whether in a business enterprise, in our society, and even in our religions.” — Farooq Kathwari
- “The most important part of being a leader is maintaining the desire to keep on learning. That means learning about yourself, about your peers, and about the people you serve.”— Brian Koval
- “A person who is worthy of being a leader wants power not for himself, but in order to be of service.” — J. Ervin, Jr
- “Men are governed only by serving them; the rule is without exception.” — V. Cousin
- “The adventure of life is to learn. The purpose of life is to grow. The nature of life is to change. The challenge of life is to overcome. The essence of life is to care. The opportunity of like is to serve. The secret of life is to dare. The spice of life is to befriend. The beauty of life is to give.” — William Arthur Ward
- “Coming together is a beginning, and staying together is progress, but only when teams sweat together do they find success.” – John Maxwell
- “The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say ‘I’. And that’s not because they have trained themselves not to say ‘I’. They don’t think ‘I’. They think ‘we’; they think ‘team’. They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don’t sidestep it, but ‘we’ gets the credit…. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.” — Peter Drucker
- “A leader’s job is to look into the future and see the organization, not as it is, but as it should be.” — Jack Welch
- “All who have accomplished great things have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal which was high, one which sometimes seemed impossible.” — Orison Swett Marden
- “Big thinkers are specialists in creating positive, forward-looking, optimistic pictures in their own minds and in the minds of others.” — David J. Schwartz
- “Leaders need to be optimists. Their vision is beyond the present.” — Rudy Giuliani